Fidelity Energy & Sustainability Expands into the South with Acquisition of Power of Clean Energy
Fidelity Building Services Group (Fidelity BSG) recently announced the acquisition of Power of Clean Energy (PCE) as part of the strategic expansion of Fidelity Energy & Sustainability, a national team of professionals dedicated to the transformation of buildings into energy-efficient, sustainable, and healthy environments.
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, PCE provides Energy Transition Planning & Project Implementation to help facilities reduce energy consumption and costs, improve efficiency, decarbonize, and meet sustainability goals. The company’s offerings include customized end-to-end energy solutions in Lighting, HVAC Redesign, Alternative Energies, and Building Automation & Analytics. PCE operates throughout the southern US, serving customers in the healthcare, education, and commercial real estate markets, as well as religious institutions.
Fidelity Building Services Group (Fidelity BSG) is a leading national provider of technical building services and solutions for the commercial and industrial facilities market. Their product and service offerings include HVAC/Mechanical Services, Energy & Sustainability Engineering, Advanced Building Automation, and Emergency Power Systems.
This acquisition is a key part of Fidelity Energy & Sustainability’s growth to become a national leader in energy-efficient and sustainable technical building solutions.
“Power of Clean Energy is a visionary company that looks at the energy needs of its customers through a futuristic lens to provide long-term sustainable solutions that will positively impact customer bottom lines and our environment,” says Dan Weeden, President of Fidelity Energy & Sustainability. “The positive team culture and client dedication make PCE a great addition as we scale Fidelity Energy & Sustainability’s footprint. We are ecstatic to welcome this team to our company.”
“We are thrilled at the opportunity to join Fidelity, an industry leader in technology-driven energy and sustainability solutions,” says Kevin Johnson, President of PCE. “Given all the opportunities presented by current legislation and corporate sustainability commitments, our timing to join Fidelity is ideal.”
Northern Edge Capital Advisors served as the exclusive financial advisor to Power of Clean Energy.
This transaction, which is the latest among several recent completions advised by Northern Edge, highlights the Firm’s expertise in several areas:
- Identifying prospective buyers, highlighting the strengths of the client’s business and creating a competitive environment which ultimately lead to value maximization for the client
- Navigating severe disruptions from the COVID pandemic, which curtailed the Company’s sales operations for nearly a full year
- Providing key guidance throughout a lengthy due diligence process
- Crafting creative solutions and performing rigorous analysis to resolve key points of negotiation
- Offering relentless M&A transaction leadership that facilitated the completion of the deal and delivered an outcome that satisfies the personal and financial objectives of our client.